Ups n Downs go around the world
Organised by Ups and Downs
The deadline for entering this event has passedEnter Online Now
17th Jul 2020 - 27th Jul 2020
Ups n Downs Go Around The World
Proudly sponsored by
Sadly, our annual Riding for Ups N Downs cannot go ahead as planned this year due to Coronavirus. Instead, we are aiming to build a team of cyclists who will join together this summer to ride around the world in 10 days.
Whether you are out on the roads, on the MTB trails or at home on your rollers or turbo, we hope that you will join us over these 10 days and help us achieve this goal.
We have changed our event to enable full support of the government's current guidance re Coronavirus. We would encourage everyone to ensure that they follow any government guidance in relation to recreational activities including cycling.
We will start our epic journey on Friday the 17th of July from a virtual Earls Barton and we will be travelling around the globe over the next 10 days around the 52nd parallel, hoping that we cycle enough miles to get back to Earls Barton on Sunday the 26th of July.
We will go via Germany, Belarus, Ukraine, China, Russia, Alaska, British Columbia, Ontario, Ireland and Wales to name a few of the countries on our route.
The small print
- If you are riding outside please follow the Highway Code. You are fully responsible for your own safety.
- If you are riding as a family, please ensure the safety of those around you at all times and follow the Highway Code.
- Please check the latest Government Advice in relation to Coronavirus and what that may mean to cycling in groups. You are responsible for adhering to this advice.
- We will not authorise any refunds or transfers to other rides if you are unable to ride
- You are responsible for submitting your cycled miles either via the Strava link provided or by submitting your miles via UltraBritain
- Your personal data will not be used for any purposes not related to this ride
- Essential Information
- Date: 17th July, 2020 to 27th July, 2020
- Event Format
- Virtual Event
- Multi-stage event
- Distance: As far as you can or want
This event takes a feed from your Strava data