Santa Virtual Ultra
1st Dec 2018 - 24th Dec 2018
Virtual Challenge through December with great prizes
The XNRG Santa Virtual Ultra Challenge (SVUC)
Just like Christmas comes round every year, following the successful 1st year of the Santa Virtual Ultra Challenge we are delighted to announce it is back for 2018.
This event is brought to you by XNRG and Runultra.
During the short days and long nights of December we want to keep you motivated and reward you for the hours you put in running and walking. You can enter this event without having to travel to a race - just run or walk where you live and where you love.
Last year we had work colleagues, families and friends competing to be the one that went the furthest in the challenge period or the most in a day. The competition was intense – and great fun.
Joining in after the 1st December? No problem - we'll collect all your activities from Strava back to the 1st so your hard work will still count!
Medals and BuffEveryone who enters and completes at least a 50km distance over the challenge period (1-24 December) will receive a special, festive buff. Complete 50km in a day (midnight to midnight) and you'll also earn an ultra medal.
PrizesWe have some fantastic prizes from our sponsors for the winners and runners up.
3 Challenges in 1You don’t need to be the fastest or fittest to take part in this challenge – just get out there and do the miles
Challenge 1 : Run or walk a minimum of 50km on a single day anytime during the challenge period
Challenge 2 : Run or walk as many miles as you can in a single day during the challenge period
Challenge 3 : Run or walk as many miles as you can in the challenge period.
The process and rules1. Enter the event online.
2. Set up Strava on your phone, you can also connect your Garmin, Ssuunto, or Fitbit watch. Follow the instruction in your entry on how to connect with our automated results page.
3. Start running on trail or road out doors (sorry treadmills do not count).
4. After each run your results on Strava will automatically be uploaded into the results page.
5. Complete at least one minimum qualifying distance of 50kms in one day to receive an ultra medal. If you cover more than 50km in total over the challenge period you'll receive a festive buff.
6. Your mileage will be recorded in the event online results during the challenge period so you can track your progress against other challenge entrants
7. At the end of the period you will be sent your challenge medal, buff and prize if you have won.
With thanks to our wonderful sponsors for supporting this event
- Essential Information
- Date: 1st December, 2018
- Start Time: 00:00
- Event Format
- Virtual Event
- 24-day virtual challenge