Snowdon Training Weekend
Organised by XNRG
7th Jun 2019 - 9th Jun 2019
SNOWDON TRAINING WEEKEND: 7 - 9th June 2018
Get ready for your UTMB event
Jez Bragg, the only UK male to win the UTMB, used Snowdon as his training ground and developed the “Snowdon Dance” (the Snowdon version of the Fan Dance – SAS Selection). The idea is that you run up and down Snowdon to different points over a day from early in the morning till late in the evening.
It is a fantastic opportunity to get some ascending and descending training in your legs, and an opportunity to test your kit (especially your waterproofs!)
Last year XNRG took a small group of people to Snowdon for a weekend training. Of those who came, all of them finished their chosen UTMB race.
If you are serious about finishing your UTMB race this is a must.
Before you attend, check out the presentations from our Alps Training Seminar held earlier this year:- Alps Seminar Speech 2018
- UTMB: Some Stuff I've Learnt
ObjectiveHelp people get ready for their Alpine Challenge
Everyone is welcome - whether you are racing this year or coming along for the experience.
LocationBased in Llanberris at the foot of Snowdon
We have 8 beds in a lovely bunk house in Pete’s Eats in the centre of town, or you can stay in your own accommodation or camp, then eat or not eat with us morning and evening.
Food: Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, Evening meal on Friday and Saturday, snacks at the aid stations each day.
MealsBreakfast on Saturday and Sunday, Evening meal on Friday and Saturday, snacks at the aid stations each day.
NumbersMaximum of 8 people in bunkhouse, unlimited if finding your own accommodation.
£360 fully inclusive of food and accommodation, complete support for the weekend (limited to 8 places only)
£310 inclusive of food, own accommodation, includes complete support for the weekend
£270 own food and own accommodation, includes complete support for the weekend
Pay a deposit of £100 and then the remainder 8 weeks before the event by bank transfer.
There's a 10% discount available for all serving military or emergency services staff. To book with your discount, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum number of people: 8 in bunkhouse (a waitlist will be created when full)
- (Option) Food: Breakfast Sat and Sun, Dinner Fri and Sat in Pete’s Eats
- (Option) Bunkhouse sleeping in the famous Pete’s Eats – 8 people in a room – unisex
- Great quality accommodation provided with bedding, great showers and a common room available just for us
- Planned routes – maps and gps files for the main routes up and down Snowdon. These routes are very well marked and very well trodden (note we are not guiding people, everyone goes at their own pace on their own chosen routes. We will support from the base of the mountain and manage any emergencies).
- GPS trackers for each person so we can see exactly where you are (safety)
- Checkpoint / Safety checks at 3 locations at the bottom of the mountain providing water and snacks
- Evening talks / expert coaching about the UTMB events
- A great atmosphere
The only thing that you need to pay for is your transportation to get to Llanberris and your beer money.
ExcludedTransport to Llanberris and incidental expenses.
What you need to bring:
If you are doing one of the UTMB events, bring the whole compulsory kit list.
For the mountains:
- Ultra pack / vest with 1.5 litres water containers
- Waterproofs – top and leggings
- Windproof jacket
- Minimum long sleeve running T shirt or short sleeve and separate sleeves
- Running shorts
- Good quality trail running shoes
- Warm hat
- Poles – if you want to use them – we would recommend it
- Energy snacks
- Emergency silver blanket and at least a triangular bandage
- Mobile phone in a water proof bag
- Wash bag and towel
- Casual clothing to relax in the evening / go to the pub
- Sleep clothing
- Eye mask / ear plugs
- Any thing that will make you comfortable
- Essential Information
- Date: 7th June, 2019
- Event Format
- Training weekend
Snowdonia National Park Snowdonia LL55 4EU